Thursday, October 29, 2015

Working on the next item on my list.


I am working towards another one of my carpe diem list items...one of my flat mates and I went to a pub close to campus (The King's Tun) for the welcome reception for international students the Wednesday after we arrived.  It is a really great pub, everything was reasonably priced, and the atmosphere was great. I've already been back a few times.

Pub number two (The Spring Grove) is just a short walk from campus.  Let's just say it's where everyone from my department goes after we have a guest speaker/lecturer.  They have great service, and a gorgeous outdoor seating area, but it is a little pricier than pub number one.  :)

So, that's two pubs down, two more to go!  I know it was supposed to be in the first four weeks after I arrived, but I'm working on it. :)

On Saturday we have plans to go to a pub just a ten minute walk from home to watch the World Cup final between New Zealand and Australia.  I still don't understand all of the rules of the game, but it's still fun to watch.

Anyway, it's back to work for me!

Ashley


2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and I have to say how excited this makes me! I'm currently applying to two grad school programs in the UK ... I'm actually working on my personal statement and CV right now! It's nerve-wracking but also really exciting. Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see what adventures you get up to next. :)

    - Claire
    casp@uw.ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire!
      I'm so happy that you found my blog, and that you found it was helpful! :) Thank you for stopping by, and for saying hello! If you have any questions, etc. please feel free to ask away! I am more than happy to answer them. :)

      - Ashley
      bookjunkienotsoanonymous@gmail.com

      Delete