Monday, September 7, 2015

Packing is the hardest part...

Ugh.  I have had one of my bags packed for MONTHS.  My second bag has been packed for WEEKS.  My third bag was started around the same time as my second, but still isn't full, and my fourth bag will be the things I NEED in my carry-on items.

My two check bags, and one carry-on are ready to go!  (And they're a lot bigger than they look!)


However, I recently purchased a few more needed items of clothing.  And my bags that are packed are really awkward right now.  And I'm still making some last minute decisions about what has to be in my bags, and what can be shipped in a box or two.  (Or four.)



And to top everything off, I still had to finish packing everything that is STAYING here, instead of coming with me.  And the hardest part of that has been deciding how to store all of my books.  

So, I got a little creative.  All of my signed books are still on the shelf, and will be taken care of by my wonderful mother.

                                   

Then, I packed ALMOST all of the rest of my books into plastic totes like these:

                                   

(There are 3 more totes just like these under my bed.)  And when I ran out of those, I found a different tote that I had laying around:

                                   

And there are still like 15 books that my very kind mother is going to find a tote for.  :)
 
  
When I got to the airport, my two check bags, total, made it onto the plane without extra charges by ONE pound!  Needless to say, it was a little nerve wracking for a minute or two.  I also am wearing LOTS of layers...this was the only way my sweater and light leather jacket were going to make it to London with me.  :)

Anyway, I'll be boarding my plane in about eight minutes, so I'd better wrap this up!  Talk to you all when I'm on the other side of the pond!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment